Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Junior League.

Instead of making excuses about my lack of blogging, I'm just going to carry on as if I have been blogging every day, which one day I hope to do again. My blog is truly one of my favorite things.

Last weekend, I was so proud of the Junior League of Northwest Arkansas as we welcomed a new group of provisional members during our annual new member retreat. This year, I'm co-chair of the New Member Training Committee. While it's a lot of work, I'm very excited about getting to know these amazing women.

Me with the committee chair, Adrienne, and one of the trainers, Diane.

Taylor, a new member, me and Mitzi, this year's JLNWA president.
Founded in 1901 by New Yorker and social activism pioneer Mary Harriman, the Junior Leagues are charitable nonprofit organizations of women, developed as civic leaders creating demonstrable community impact.

Saturday, we got to visit Children's House.
These are a few of the books that were part of my new member class' legacy project.
I’m so proud to be a member of the Junior League of Northwest Arkansas. Today, The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. (AJLI) is comprised of more than 155,000 women in 292 Junior Leagues throughout Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom and the United States. Together, they constitute one of the largest, most effective volunteer organizations in the world.

I can’t wait to see what this League year brings!

No comments: