Friday, August 12, 2011

Hug like there's no tomorrow.





Happy Friday, friends!

I've talked about my love of Peanut Butter Fingers before. On a recent blog post, she discussed four women who inspire her. One of them is a blogger named Jennie who recently lost her husband to a sudden heart attack.

While reading this post from Jennie, I found myself in tears. Her post was simple and honest. She writes about how those around her simply making a peanut butter pie her husband loved (and she kept putting off making until tomorrow) will help with her grieving process. She writes, "For those asking what they can do to help my healing process, make a peanut butter pie this Friday and share it with someone you love. Then hug them like there's no tomorrow because today is the only guarantee we can count on."


Jennie's words are true, but easy to forget in the business of life. I know I'm going to take today to tell those around me how much I love them--and hug them like there's no tomorrow.

Engagement hug photos (by Angela Martin): 



No comments: