Tuesday, June 28, 2011

You are what you eat.

I'm sure you've heard that phrase before. Wouldn't it be crazy if it were true? But the statement does make me think twice about what I eat.

When the boy is out of town, I tend to eat less healthy. I cook less. But I workout more. This results in me feeling terrible a lot of the time because working out while eating things that are bad for you is not a good combination.

Since he left last Wednesday, I've been trying to think more about what I eat. I love healthy food, but it will always take effort to choose it over convenience. And there are so many things we eat (and drink) that we think are healthy, but the reality is we are wrong.

I substitue Splenda in my Tropical Smoothie smoothies. I should just make a smoothie at home most of the time.

I order sushi (great idea) but I get the tempura roll (bad idea).

I go to Sonic to order a smoothie, but it's not on the menu anymore. So I order a strawberry cream slush instead. Bad idea but so tasty.
Crazy cup!
Here are some of my other food choices since Mr. A has been gone:

Watermelon for dinner.
And this is the "real" me that the general public NEVER gets to see.
Fruit salad from Chick-fil-a!
I heart almond butter.
If I could eat one thing forever, it would be chips and homemade salsa!

1 comment:

The Southern Wife said...

I do the same thing when the hubby is out of town. LOL