Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy birthday, Kitchen Queens!

One year ago, a wonderful group of girls got together to eat and chat. We didn’t all know each other, but that didn’t matter.


Kitchen Queens started when a few of us Junior League gals wanted to stay in touch after our provisional year. This is my cousin (fourth, but it still counts) Katie. She's getting married in exactly six months!
The lovely Britani hosted this month's dinner. Her house is gorgeous, and so is she!
One year later, we’re still meeting! I had dinner with a junior league VP a couple weeks ago, and she said she still has a monthly dinner with a group of girls that started meeting 13 years ago! I hope that’s us!

Lunch

I opted for a quick and easy lunch today—a Lean Cuisine. I turned it over to read the directions. I was shocked when it said to microwave for eight minutes! If you're curious, it was the chicken enchilad suiza. That can't be good for me.

So, how did I spend my time waiting? I bought a box of Krispy Kreme donuts at a company bake sale (funds go to tornado victims). I might have already eaten one.
You can't not eat one when this box is on your desk.
Mostly, I know how much the boy loves donuts, and this means he will love me even more when I come home with donuts!

We’re spending our evening getting ready for our neighborhood garage sale. How exciting! Happy Friday!

No comments: