Thursday, June 9, 2011

Clicky heels.

Growing up, the sound of my mom’s “pumps” was the epitome of adulthood. I couldn’t wait to be able to wear shoes that clicked when I walked across the concrete.

What can I say, I’ve always loved shoes (and clothes and purses and jewelry …). I see myself when I look at the latest Suri Cruise photos in People. OK, so maybe my heels were more the plastic kind that came with the $5.99 dress-up pack from Wal-Mart, but I LOVED them. I’m sure each pair of Suri’s shoes costs approximately four times the amount of the shoes I wear today. And she’s five.

Anyways, yesterday, I wore a pair of shoes that I had the tips replaced. I recently did this to about 12 pairs of shoes. And they DON”T CLICK ANYMORE. They are rubber and silent. I was devastated. I totally meant to take a photo of them, but I forgot. So how about a photo of my shoes today? They don’t click, either. I couldn’t handle wearing another pair of my former clicky shoes. It was too much today. So, I opted for wedges.



I wonder if I can request the tips that click next time. Is that crazy?

No comments: