Wednesday, May 11, 2011

League love and good intentions.

Last night was our last Junior League of Northwest Arkansas general meeting for this league year.

And it was the best.

Our speaker, Sara Selber of the Junior League of Houston, was amazing.

I was vice chair of internal communication this year, and next year I'm vice chair of New Member Training. While I'm so excited to work with the provisional members, I'm a bit sad to leave this year's committee--these ladies were the best.
Rebecca, Gracie, me, and Michelle. The fab four!
We are communication queens.
Our chair, Gracie, gave each of us personalized stationery at the  meeting last night. She's so thoughtful. I haven't had personalized stationery since my teddy bear notepad that said "Allison." And this gift is one of the best I've ever received! I seriously love it.
 

She will be vice president of communications for the next league year, and we are so lucky to have her as a member. She's smart, dedicated and always gives 100 percent. She's one of those people you know you can count on.

And I will miss her and the rest of our committe so much!

Luckily, I get to go hear the Dalai Lama speak today, which will surely bring me out of my post-meeting blues. Yep, you read that right. He will be at the University of Arkansas today, and I have a ticket!

Random fact: He has a Twitter page! It says, "Welcome to the official twitter page of the Office of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama." Visit here.

Quote he posted earlier today:
"When our intentions are good, we are stronger and have greater self-confidence."

No comments: