Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Homeward bound.

Whew. I’m glad I got yesterday’s post out of the way. The sweet comments (and phone calls from my friends) really made my day.

Moving on.

Let’s talk about Thanksgiving.

Homeward bound.
Did you love that movie as much as my sister and I loved that movie?

My grandparents were wonderful hosts, and the food was delicious. As we get older, I’ve noticed my sister and I are more involved in the kitchen. And it’s fun! The food was definitely a collaborative effort.
Turkey time!
Cranberry delight.
Around the table: My grandparents, parents, aunt and uncle, sister, sister’s bf, my bf and me!
Last year, I participated in the Cold Duck tradition with Adam. It's too good not to carry on.
This guy was at the table, too.
Surprise! My grandmother is a great cook!

Smile! So are you, Mom!

We had a merry ole' time.

I participated in the merriness. Totally posed picture.
We also spent time Friday night watching a northwest Arkansas friend play at a local bar.
Hello!
Awkward hand placement.
The rest of the weekend was full of shopping, family time, movies, and more food, of course.
He went SHOPPING with me Saturday. Just not at 5 a.m. with the rest of my fam (except Dad).
Saturday night, my mom and I went to see Love and Other Drugs. Go see it. It was especially touching for my mom (and me) because Anne Hathaway’s character had early-onset Parkinson’s disease, which is what took her dad (my grandfather’s) life when I was just a pre-schooler. It was also a touching, funny love story that is VERY different from your average romantic comedy. I give it 4.5 out 5 stars. Plus, Jake Gyllenhaal is pretty dreamy in the movie.

Tomorrow, I’m going to tell you all about my New Year’s Eve plans. Hint: I’m going north.

No comments: