Friday, June 11, 2010

Kitchen Queens: Southern Summer.


Kitchen Queens is fun. We had our first monthly get together last night, and I think it was a hit. There was SO much good food. The theme was Southern Summer, so naturally everything on my plate was yellow and either had cheese in it or was fried. We had fruit, too. And it was delicious. And the dessert…and the drinks…actually, I think the drinks were my favorite part. Not because of the alcohol (although that’s not a bad thing), but because they were good. There was sweet tea lemonade. Yum. And a punch that had peaches in it. And Milleritas. I might have had one of each. Extra yum.


Katie (the hostess) has a beautiful home. And she’s my cousin. We found out after we met through Junior League. How random is that?
It was great to make new friends and catch up with old ones. I hope people keep showing up. With food and drinks, of course.

And our next theme…America: Red, White, and Blue. Because it's July, duh.

Of course I made a logo for the first event. And don’t think I won’t do it every time. ‘Cause I will.


This is what I brought: Paula Deen's Toffee Gooey Butter Cake. It has two sticks of butter in it. Healthy butter of course.

1 comment:

A Wedding Story said...

Oh yum! I'd be all over those butter cakes!