Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Workout Wednesday

I would like to tell you a little about two gym classes I’ve fallen in love with.

Zumba
I know I talk about it a lot, but you might not have a clue what it is. I actually found myself watching an infomercial about Zumba last Saturday. For more than 10 minutes, I watched. Then I realized it was infomercial and promptly changed it to the Hills. Much better…

Zumba is dance fitness program created by dancer and choreographer Alberto "Beto" Perez in Colombia during the 1990s. The program combines Latin and international music with dance in an effort to make exercise fun. Zumba classes are offered through licensed instructors in more than 50,000 fitness center locations in over 75 countries. *source: wikipedia.com.

It’s so much fun. Seriously. And no one is looking at you, I promise. It will kick your booty (as long as you give a 100 percent). I love the two Zumba instructors I work out with.

PiYo
This is my new favorite class. It’s serioulsy the hardest workout you will ever do. And it’s definitely not for beginners. It’s a combination of Pilates, yoga, sports stretch, dance stretch, and athletics that will help you burn calories and build muscle. It’s a lot of strengthening your core. It’s a lot of feeling like, “oh my gosh…I can’t do this…” Maybe it’s the instructor at my gym, but I’ve never been so challenged. She’s a machine. And she’s got the abs to prove it.

This class really gets your mind off everything else…mostly because you’re just trying to do the moves…

No comments: