Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Junior League. And the power of of social media.

I had my final Junior League New Member meeting last night. We got our black t-shirts, which is what the Active Members wear. How exciting! I still don’t know my placement for next year, but I should find that out sometime in May. I loved my New Member color group, and I will miss those girls.

Our meeting was at Copeland's, and I had cheesecake for dinner. Yum!

We started a Legacy Project this year for our class, and will donate almost $2,000 worth of books to Children’s House. We labeled them all last night. I’m so impressed with these girls.

Facebook and Twitter Users Get Web site changed
Also, if you want to learn more about the AP change to website, you should read Simon Owens’ article about how Facebook and Twitter users lobbied the AP Stylebook to change “Web site” to “website.” His blog is pretty interesting. Go here now!

No comments: