Monday, March 22, 2010

Wedding Weekend, Part I

I took too many pictures this weekend, so I have to break it up into two parts. Today, I will talk about what went on before the wedding and include a few pictures from the wedding itself. Tomorrow, I will post about the reception and include more wedding/reception photos.


Friday night, Adam and I met my parents for dinner at El Porton in Little Rock. We even had Cold Stone after dinner (all great for my figure). I always forget to take pictures at dinner.

Saturday morning, we walked from our hotel to the reception site and helped get things ready for the party.

Because so many people were there to help, it didn’t take long. On our walk back, Adam said we should go to the Old Statehouse Museum because it was free. We had to walk right past it and we had time, so it made sense. I can’t believe in my more than 20 years of living in central Arkansas, I never went. I’m glad we did.
After getting ready and a room service lunch, we headed to the wedding location. Now, even though Marlsgate Plantation is right outside of Little Rock, I had no idea how to get there. I might have been a little irrational in the car and seriously thought I was going to not only miss the pictures before, but the entire wedding.

After stopping on a dirt road to ask a woman working in her garden for directions, we made it.

Ragan looked beautiful. The weather was perfect even though there was a snow storm in Fayetteville. The rain held off long enough to keep the wedding outside. My grandfather performed the ceremony, and I was so proud of him. He made it personal, and he made everyone laugh by talking about how they could each maintain their personalities in the marriage. My grandmother was not able to make it because of pink eye, but we thought about her all day.

Stay tuned for the wedding/reception details in tomorrow’s post.

P.S. I just had to include this picture to show that Lauren, Annslee and I were all sporting dresses with pockets. How cute are we?


P.P.S. Did I mention we drove back to a foot of snow? Yep. On the first day of spring, it snowed more than it has all year.

No comments: