Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday




“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” -Albert Einstein

I got to thinking in the shower this morning how thankful I am for my life. The news about the murder of San Diego teenager Chelsea King makes you realize how quickly it can all be taken away. I can’t imagine the grief and devastation her family will continue to experience. I had to stop putting my makeup on this morning because I was crying while watching the news about her accused killer.

We push ourselves every day, stressing out about deadlines, what to wear, how many calories we’ve eaten, bills, and relationships. Sure, we can’t forget about these things, but it’s important to take time each day to think about how thankful you are for your life.

I’m thankful I have good health and am able to work toward getting in better shape.

Here’s what I’ve done this week:
Monday: Zumba after work
Tuesday: Cardio/strength training during lunch
Wednesday: Yoga/pilates during lunch; kickball after work
Thursday: Body Step before work; I will do cardio/strength training during lunch
Friday’s planned schedule: Body Pump before work; Zumba during lunch

I’m alive and healthy, and I am grateful for that. And I will pray that Chelsea’s friends and family can find the strength to live their lives in honor of a girl whose life was taken far too quickly.

Throughout my life, I hope to remember to not take things for granted, but take them with gratitude. Always.

*Chelsea King image from cnn.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. Hope you had a great day!