Tuesday, March 2, 2010

National Nutrition Month and Fabulous Easy Pizza

March is National Nutrition Month, which is perfect since I’m extremely focused on getting in shape right now. Created by the National Dietetic Association, National Nutrition Month focuses attention on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits.

This year’s theme is “Nutrition From the Ground Up.” Reading all the material makes me want to become a registered dietitian. Maybe in my next life.

I really am passionate about being healthy, though. I've seen what doing destructive things to your body can do to a person. I think that being healthy not only helps you physically, but also mentally. In fact, I think your mental health is just as important. Don't you feel better (inside and out) after you've gone a few days eating properly while also exercising? I know I do. It's so important that kids learn about nutrition at a young age, and it's especially important for young girls who are bound to develop all kinds of body issues in our society.

Speaking of nutrition…I made raspberry chipotle barbecue chicken pizza for dinner last night, and it was delicious. Go to Kendall’s blog to learn how to make it. It only took about 10 minutes to prepare and 15 to cook. Make it. Tonight! You won’t be disappointed.

*Photo from pillsbury.com

No comments: