Thursday, February 11, 2010

Weigh-in, Wynne and Friends.


It’s Friday! I found out yesterday one of my BFFs, Rachel, will be in town today. I think this means a night of wine and girl talk!

If you’re wondering about the picture, I just had to take it this morning. When I cut the top off the orange pepper for my salad for lunch, I saw this smiling face. Surely it’s good luck…if not, it was an entertaining way for me to start my Friday!

Weekend plans

Tomorrow, Adam and I will hit the road over to Wynne, Ark., for an engagement party for my friend Katie and her fiancé, Kent. Kent’s family is from Wynne. You can read about them here. Google maps estimates our travel time to be five hours, so we will spend Saturday and Sunday on the road, basically. That’s OK because I’m so very excited for them. Also, the invitation said “no gifts.” Does that really mean “no gifts?” I don’t want to be the only with or without a gift. I need etiquette help.

Adam and I don’t have big plans for Valentine’s Day. I’m not one of those people who is going to say I hate the holiday or think it’s pointless. Yes, I think you should show the people who you love that you love them every day. However, I also think holidays are a huge part of our life and culture. I mean, if every day was the same, wouldn’t that be boring? If we didn’t have special days set aside for celebrations, remembrance and rejoice…well, I don’t think I would like that world very much.

Biggest Loser

You know Fridays are my weigh-in days. I’m happy to report that I lost 3 lbs. this week! That brings my total loss to 6.5 lbs. I have to admit, I brought my breakfast to work so I could weigh before I ate it. So what?

Since I’m steering clear of foods that are “bad” for you, I thought I would sit down and read my Junior League cook book last night. I finally got them at this week’s meeting. This was not a good idea. I was planning when I could make brownies and casseroles and so much more. I will settle for reading about the delicious food.

Happy Friday, ya’ll!

No comments: