Monday, February 8, 2010

A bowl-filled weekend.

“Mondays are the potholes in the road of life.” Tom Wilson


I couldn’t resist this quote because today is, well, a Monday. It’s snowing outside, but I have a fantastic boy who was nice enough to drive me to work. After the incident with the ice in January, I refuse to drive in snow, ice, even the rain if it’s cold.

I had a great weekend, but it went by too quickly, of course.

Friday: Went to dinner with the girls and saw Dear John. The first showing was sold out, so we got to have a drink before the movie. It worked out nicely. I might have snuck into the theater early to get us good seats. We thought it was fair since we did buy our tickets at 7 p.m. for the 9:45 p.m. showing. We couldn’t help that when we got back from Eddie Haskell’s and a stop by a few stores that there was a HUGE line.

Saturday: Ran errands all day with Adam…looking for house stuff, etc. We had dinner at Outback with a few friends. We decided we would go there since none of us had been there in forever and we couldn't decide on anything else. Saturday night we went bowling…for the second Saturday in a row. How cool are we? We participated in the jackpot bowling. I think I was the closest to winning. Did I mention I was the only girl bowling?


Sunday: Spent the day running errands, cleaning, and then cooking for the Super Bowl party. We had fun, and there was way too much food. I need to throw it out today because I am going to do a diet with my friend Sarah. I’m not one to advocate diets or quick fixes, but I’m going to try this. Sarah did this diet through the Metabolic Research Center, and now we are going to do it on our own. This coincides with my competition at work. There’s nothing like a little friendly competition to keep you motivated. I will post on my weight loss tomorrow!

I’ve included the only pictures taken this weekend. In fact, you could call these three photos a “series.” This last photo is from my ride to work this morning.


Happy Monday!

No comments: