Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cheery Cherry Tea and Skinny B....

This morning started off wonderful because I finally remembered to bring my tea to work. My grandmother makes the tea and puts it in a jar, and it is wonderful. I don't know her exact recipe, but it is similar to this recipe below, which is from Reese Witherspoon's grandmother. It's definitely a Southern thing. (I took a picture of the jar on my desk at work).

4 tsp Nutmeg
4 tsp cinnamon
3 cups sugar (or Splenda)
2 cup Country Time Lemonade Mix
1 (1ib 2 oz) jar Tang
2 cups instant Lipton tea (no sugar added)
Mix all ingredients together.


Stir one to two tablespoons of tea mix in one cup of hot or cold water.

It’s so delicious. Much better than coffee.

Also, I'm reading (sorry for the language) Skinny Bitch on my Kindle. I'm about four years late, but that's OK. It's so funny. I just started last night. I will let you know more about as a read on.

The first words of wisdom it's taught me: "When aspartame is paired with carbs, it causes your brain to slow down its production of serotonin. A healthy level of serotonin is needed to be happy and well balanced. So drinking soda can make you fat, sick, and unhappy."

P.S. The other pictures are from this weekend. And Adam closes Friday at 1 p.m. Hooray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To make the tea cherry and "cheery" add a package of cherry flavored Kool-Aid to the recipe.
Mamaw