Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The calves

I am beyond sore. Getting “back” in shape feels great, but it is also very painful. I could barely walk this morning, much less work out, but I did both. Go me!

I’m definitely feeling those tiny tears in my muscles that make me feel sore. In fact, I feel like my calves are the size of a linebacker. They hurt. so. bad.

Apparently this is a real “condition.” It’s called delayed onset muscle soreness, or DOMS. Yep. I need a professional massage. You know, I’ve never had one.

Also, you can take a bath using the items in the photo to ease soreness, so I hear.

Moving on…as I was getting my ice water this morning from the big ice machine, I started thinking about the ice in the bottom of the machine. Have you ever wondered how old that ice is? I wonder if they ever clean that out. Just a thought.

Happy Wednesday! I’m ready for the weekend!

*Photo location

No comments: