Thursday, November 19, 2009

Holiday movies

I'm a huge fan of Christmas movies. Not so surprising considering my love of Christmas. The holiday movie season is always a big time for the industry. I must say, I'm not on the Twilight bandwagon, so I will be asleep tonight at midnight.

While I want to see "Did you Hear about the Morgans?" and "It's Complicated," I'm said there aren't any true Christmas movies coming out. I'm ignoring "A Christmas Carol" because that's not what kind I'm talking about.

However, there is a movie on Lifetime I'm excited about. Don't laugh at me. How can I not love a movie abut a high-powered PR woman who loses her job and her fiancé?

Tony Award winner and Emmy nominee Kristin Chenoweth (Pushing Daisies) melts the holiday snow in Twelve Men of Christmas, a Lifetime Original Movie.


"Based on the popular novel Decent Exposure by Phillipa Ashley, the romantic comedy tells the story of a down-on-her-luck public relations executive who uses her media savvy to generate some sizzle in a small Montana town.

It's anything but a Merry Christmas for die-hard New Yorker E.J. Baxter (Chenoweth) when she loses her high-powered publicity job and her fiancé all on the same night as her office holiday party. To escape everything around her, E.J. takes a job in Kalispell, Montana, and channels her energy to help raise funds for the local search-and-rescue team. She cooks up a concept that will leverage Kalispell's greatest asset - their handsome guys - by having them step out of their uniforms and onto the pages of a calendar that is certain to raise both temperatures and pulses. Though she faces resistance from some of the men, E.J. eventually wins them over...especially a certain Mr. December!"

I guess I will have to stick with Love Actually and ABC Family.

No comments: