Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Workin' day off

Did you know the first Labor Day in the United States was celebrated September 5, 1882?

We spent the Labor Day weekend at the lake house, and it was fabulous. Except that I ate too much. Amazingly, as I slowly stepped on the scale, anxious of what the number would say, I did not gain a pound. I don't know how, but I'm not going to question it.

We didn't do a whole lot this weekend. Adam did some fishing. I did some reading. I brought a book, and as I started reading it, I realized I had already read the book once. I will probably just read it again. It wouldn't be the first time I've done something like that.

We did a little shopping at Dick's Sporting Goods in Hot Springs (I love workout stuff...and stuff in general).

And you'll notice from the photo of Adam and I that I found my Halloween costume courtesy of my grandparents' Cowboy Room. Yes, I am going to be a cowboy cowgirl. No, I don't wear a cowboy cowgirl hat and fringe vest on a regular basis.

Last night, we had dinner and drinks with a few friends on La Huerta's patio. Even though I went to bed fairly early, I'm still tired today. And it's going to be a long day with dinner after work with my junior league color group and then the junior league general meeting. At least it's not Monday!

No comments: