Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Re-post: Why I love fall

I'm re-posting today. Since today is the first day of fall, I thought would be best if i re-posted my Sept. 1 list of why I love fall (just in case you forgot). And to show how much I really do love fall. At least I added new photos.

The top 10 reasons why I love autumn:

Side note: Fall is the North American English word for the season. Calling autumn "fall" started in the 16th century from Middle English expressions such as "fall of the leaf" or "fall of the year." The English settlers of the 17th century took the language with them.

             1. Starbucks pumpkin spice latte. If you've never had one, go get it now. It's a blend of pumpkin and traditional fall spice flavors combined with espresso and steamed milk. It's topped with whipped cream (I get mine without) and pumpkin pie spices. What's not to love?

2. The foliage in northwest Arkansas. When you see it every day, you forget how beautiful it is. But it really is beautiful.

3. Scarves: An easy and cozy way to give an outfit some style.

4. Brothers and Sisters, the TV show. I love the Walkers. This goes hand-in-hand with the fall TV season.

5. Apple cider, plain and simple.

6. Even though I'm in my 20s, I still love Halloween. I love dressing up. I'm already planning my costume.

7. Pumpkin patches. Even though I haven't been in a few years, how can you not love a pumpkin patch? The face painting, the crafts, the hayrides, the pumpkins with the crazy faces...

8. I love the excitement of college football season. When you wake up on a Saturday and head out in Fayetteville and see all the red...I'm not ashamed to say this is one of my top favorite things about Fayetteville.

9. The weather. The temperature is brisk in the morning, and it usually warms up throughout the day. It's perfect for starting the day with a cup of coffee. And there's little rain.

10. Fall clothes. I love getting the big, fat fall magazines and looking at the new collections. Fall clothes are full of rich colors and layers, and I love that.

No comments: