Monday, September 21, 2009

Goodbye summer


Today is the official last day of summer, and I'm OK with that. Even though the weather this weekend was not exactly perfect football weather, I'm welcoming fall with open arms. As my post earlier this month revealed, autumn is my favorite season.

This weekend was a fantastic Fayetteville weekend. The Razorbacks lost, but I had a blast with my friends. Friday night, we had dinner on Dickson Street, and let me tell you, so did everyone else. You could feel the excitement of football and the start of a new season.

*I made Liz take off her jacket for a photo op.




Saturday: Sarah and Brandon picked Adam and I up at 11 a.m. Yes, 11 a.m. The game did not start until 6:45 p.m. That means I had a very, very long day. There was good food, good drinks and lots of laughter. I got to see one of my best friend's from Hendrix, Shannon (last photo), and meet her friend Collins. I also got to see her super cool Nickelodeon camera courtesy of Collins.


Unfortunately, the Razorbacks couldn't hang on in the second half, and we lost to Georgia. Oh well...there's always next game. I got pretty cold at the game because Adam and I sat on the front row of the box, but luckily we had blankets.

Sunday: We at lunch and watched football with friends, and I left to go see "Love Happens" with Sarah. It was a perfect Sunday afternoon movie. And I don't care what anyone says, I love Jennifer Aniston.


So, now it's Monday. But it's not just any Monday. It's the start of my birthday week. Have I mentioned that I love birthdays? Even though I'm getting "old," I still love to celebrate. And I will do just that this weekend.


Happy Monday!

No comments: