Monday, September 28, 2009

'Cause I had the best day


Actually, I had the best weekend. It's going to take two posts to talk about how fabulous it was. I'm going to dedicate this post to Friday night's celebration and discussion of birthday gifts. I will talk about the rest of the weekend tomorrow.

First, I'm very tired because I drove from Little Rock this morning.

Friday night was my first birthday celebration. We were supposed to meet at Sassy's at 7:30 p.m. However, my wonderful friends called and changed the reservation to 7 p.m. so they could get there early and decorate. They are so cute. I'm so lucky to have the best friends. They got me balloons with my name on them. And the decorations were red and black. They know me so well. They matched my outfit, courtesy of Maude Boutique in Fayetteville.

Sassy's has a huge patio, so we were all able to mingle around the table until everyone arrived and we were ready to order. There were around 15 people at dinner, so it was very lively and fun. My friends also got a great cake from Rick's Bakery, and it was delicious. And it had sparkler candles. I love sparkly things. Did you know you can't blow out sparkle candles? I tried.

After a 2.5-hour dinner, we headed to the infamous Electric Cowboy. It was a long night, but it was worth it. We all had so much fun. I can't wait for the next birthday (Sarah!!!!).

Some of the wonderful gifts I received: Ragan, my best friend since we were 13 or so, knows my love of coffee, so she got me the best gift ever. A Starbucks gift card and the "I am not a paper cup..." I'm using the cup right now. Liz also knows my love of pumpkin spice, so she got me a pumpkin spice Yankee candle. I would eat if it wouldn't make me sick. Actually, I would prefer to drink it.


Adam's gifts were perfect. Remember the list I made? The red coat? It's mine!!! And he got me a Hobo wallet that I have wanted FOREVER. My favorite part of Adam's gift was his card. I'm a fan of telling ridiculously cheesy jokes and then laughing at how funny I am, and he found a card with one of my favorites. It involves word play with olive and martini. Yes, we're in our 20s. Adam's parents also got me a fantastic present. In fact, I smell good right now because of it. I'm wearing Philosophy's Amazing Grace perfume and lotion. Someone already commented on it this morning.

My parents' gift was the most heartfelt. For my 21st birthday, my parents got me a beautiful ring (that is now in ring heaven--not my fault). They did the same thing for my sister this year. When I saw her ring, I put in a request. Lo and behold, what do I get this year? A silver (for the 25th year) ring with a sapphire stone (my birthstone) surrounded by diamonds. It's beautiful. (photos tomorrow)

My grandparents gave me the sweetest card and helped fund my birthday dress purchase. :)

My sister knows me probably better than anyone else does, so her gifts are always spot on. She got me a Spanish pearl necklace she picked up when she was traveling abroad, He's Just Not That Into You (the movie), and a gorgeous nightgown. Yes, I wear nightgowns. I'm 25. Not 50.

I got lots of other sweet cards from my aunt and uncle, friends...it was my favorite, happiest birthday so far.


Happy Monday!

No comments: