Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday Memories


I am exhausted.

I know, I know. So is everyone else. But seriously, I need a break. Good thing I get one this week! Let's hope I make it to Wednesday.

What did I do this weekend? Let me tell you.

Friday night/Saturday morning: After driving back to Fayetteville Friday morning, I had my Junior League new member retreat Friday night and Saturday morning. I'm in the red group. This is good because I personally feel I look better in a red t-shirt than a purple, green or blue. We learned a lot about the organization and did our service project Saturday morning. The platform for our chapter is domestic violence, and this year hunger was added.

Saturday afternoon: I dyed my hair. Nothing drastic. The sun lightened the top of my hair quite a bit this summer, so it was very uneven. I fixed it.


Saturday night: We had a going away dinner for my dear friend Rachel, who is moving to Dallas this week. I can't talk about it or I will cry. I had sushi with her today, and I'm just pretending she's not really leaving.

Sunday: I "unpacked" some of my apartment and ran a few errands. Exciting, huh? Adam was in a golf tournament, and after he finished we went to eat at the new La Huerta with our friend Laith. The boys were very disappointed the restaurant was not serving beer on Sunday yet. Only in Arkansas.

Monday memory: Since Rachel is moving, today's memory will be about her. I will never forget giving her my phone number outside Kimpel Hall in fall 2006. It sounds like she was hitting on me. Not true.

We had a class together our first semester of graduate school, and we immediately clicked. One night, we were walking out and talking about how we should hang out sometime. I don't remember the first time we did something because she's been such a huge part of my life since then.

Rachel is the reason I have all the friends I do in Fayetteville (Sarah, Colleen, Liz-met through Adam, and Rachel is the reason I have Adam). These girls are my very best friends. I am eternally grateful for everything Rachel has done for me. I know she is going to be so successful in Dallas, and there will be many girl trips down to visit her. She's beautiful, smart, funny, and I'm lucky to have her as a friend. She's the kind of person I could call at 4 a.m. and know she would be there for me. Rachel's a gem, and we are all going to miss her.

*From left to right: Dave, Colleen, me, Adam, Liz, Rachel, Gustavo

No comments: