Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Memories: First day of school

"Firsts" are events that bring about lots of emotion. Excitement, nervousness, anxiousness, and sometimes sadness.

The first day of school was always exciting for me. I LOVED it. I wish I had one of the many first day of school photos my mom took to post today. I will have to remember to scan some old photos next time I'm home. Particularly the one where I have a huge bandage covering up the stitches on my chin. I believe that was fourth grade. Combined with my ENORMOUS glasses...let's just say I started my awkward phase early. Regardless, my memories of the first day of school are full of new outfits, new backpacks and being so excited I could hardly stand it. Mondays are not quite the same any more...

My friend Rachel has her first day of teaching in Dallas today. I know she's going to do great!

Adam's friend Dave had a first this weekend--a new restaurant he is helping to open up had its friends and family night. I know for Dave it was stressful and exciting, and it was fun for us to go see him working. The food was pretty good, too. The official opening of Razor's Reef Grill and Cantina (thanks to Dustin at the Fayetteville Flyer for the article) is today.
*All photos on this post are from the restaurant opening night. The one above is Colleen and I; to the left is Liz, and I believe she is surprised at my photo. Even after the 10 seconds it took for me to take this.

Other than that, our weekend was pretty uneventful. We went to the new La Huerta and sat on the patio Friday night (after a long, long day of work; I need to post some summer camp photos). I was actually kind of cold. In August.

Adam was in a golf tournament Saturday, and I went shopping (after some work) with my friend Liz. Saturday night Liz, Adam, Colleen and I headed to the restaurant where we saw many familiar faces.

On Sunday, Adam and I had brunch, and he played in his tournament. Sadly, he did not win. He says there's always next year. I say he needs to practice more. Obviously, I'm joking. Sunday night we headed to Jose's to soak in some more of this wonderful August weather on a great Fayetteville patio.

Plan for this week: start playing tennis.

I have my first junior league meeting tonight. First, I'm heading to Mellow Mushroom with some of the junior league girls. I'm pretty excited.

No comments: