Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Today is...

Today is the 238th day of the year. On this day in 1920, the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which guaranteed women the right to vote, was declared in effect. And on this day, this year, I am celebrating a very special day--my mother's birthday. Without her, I obviously wouldn't be here, so I know everyone is thankful for that...In all seriousness, I wish I could be with my wonderful mother to celebrate this day. I'm thankful to have such a loving family. I know how LUCKY I am.

Happy birthday, Mom! I hope you have a fabulous day. If I was there, we would have Community Bakery cake (the one that looks like a present), shrimp cocktail and would definitely make a trip to Target. I love you!

Since I don't have any old photos right now, I thought this photo was perfect for us. I spent so much of my childhood dancing around, and my mom was always there supporting me, letting me do whatever I wanted to do. And I was a child of the '80s and '90s, so pumps were a staple in my mom's wardrobe. I know she (and my dad) are my biggest fans. And I'm a pretty big fan of them.

Happy [insert age my mother chooses to be] birthday! And remember to choose your age wisely. You do have a daughter who is about to be 25, so let's be realistic!

No comments: