Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekend Review

I don't have any new photos because my camera is in my car, and that's outside. This = too far. The photo you see is of me and Adam (my wonderful boyfriend) from a few weeks ago. We went to go watch The Ben Miller Band at Powerhouse's Party on the Patio. We had lots of fun. We were joined by our friends Liz, Ashley, Laith and Dave. This means we had extra fun. If you've never seen this band, I highly recommend them. The guys play all sorts of instruments: slide guitar, washtub bass, trombone, etc., and they are highly entertaining.

I started boot camp this morning. It is a pretty intense workout that starts at 5:30 a.m. Now, if only I could make myself get up and write at 5:30 when I'm not doing boot camp. There needs to be more time in the day.

I also think weekends should be longer. I'm not a fan of the "rule" that says a company has to work its employees Monday through Friday basically all day. We work so much of our life. I love work, but I also love my time with friends and family. As with everything, balance is key.

And on that note, I'm off to work.

"All our young lives we search for someone to love; someone who makes us complete. We choose partners and change partners. We dance to a song of heartbreak and hope all the while wondering if somewhere and somehow there is someone searching for us."
-Kevin Arnold (The Wonder Years)


Happy Monday!

No comments: