Friday, July 24, 2009

Movin' on up...

Well, I’m actually moving down, but that doesn’t make for quite as good of a song. I’m moving to a smaller apartment because it’s cheaper, and I can’t think of a better reason. It’s in the same complex, so I’m not going far. But this means I have to move…I tried to move Wednesday, but the key didn’t work. Trust me, I was not upset about this because I was then able to watch Toddlers & Tiaras on TLC. Yes. I watch that show. Yes. I love it—except for the mom who said one of her twin girls was prettier than the other. I don’t love her.

So…I will be moving tonight and going to the LAKE tomorrow. There’s nothing new there.

I’ve been pretty busy this week with moving, so I haven’t had much time to write. That should change after next week, and I think it will be easier to write in the winter.


Spanish Sister

OK--she's not really Spanish. But, I would like to dedicate the rest of this post to my wonderful, beautiful, amazing sister who is in Valencia, Spain—yes, the place known for the oranges (even though the Valencia orange was first discovered on the Azores Islands in Portugal in 1870). Did you know it’s the third largest city in Spain? 1.7 million people live in this beautiful Mediterranean port city. Kristin told me it seems to be like what she would imagine California to be like. I love my sister. I hope she’s having the time of her life. She’s been there for three weeks now and has three more left. I know she’s soaking in the beauty, the culture, and the experience of a lifetime. Let’s face it, we’re all totally jealous.

So, hi, Kristin! I can’t wait until you come home!

"Sisters are different. They heard the sobbing in the darkness. They lived through all your triumphs, all your favorites, all your loves and losses. They have no delusions. They lived with you too long. And so, when you achieve some victory, friends are delighted--but sisters hold your hands in silence and shine with happiness. For they know the cost."

Happy Friday!!

No comments: