Thursday, July 14, 2011

Weight Watchers online.


Two nights ago, I decided to sign up for the online version of Weight Watchers. It was about $54 for three months.

A few years ago, I did Weight Watchers in my office. The accountability is great when you go to the meetings, but I just don't have time for that now. Plus, I tried going to a random meeting a couple years ago, and it's completely different when you don't know anyone.

I know how to eat healthy. Yet, I still make poor decisions (more than I should).

I've tried MyFitnessPal and Livestrong, but just keeping up with my calories didn't work.

When I did Weight Watchers a few years ago, I actually didn't agree with the program because I thought it taught people how to eat a bunch of processed junk while staying within the right amount of points.

The new system is SO much better. In fact, most fruits and veggies are zero points. And guess what? You don't even use the calories to figure points.

It uses fat, carbs, fiber and protein to calculate the number of points. The best about the online version is the mobile app. The app itself is free, but if you have an online account, you can do everything from your phone. I'm VERY impressed with the technology. Now, if I can just impress myself with the results.

You get an additional weekly PointsPlus Allowance to use for treats and extras. As you can see, I've already used a few of mine (my week started yesterday ...). I had a Junior League meeting at Noodles last night, so let's blame it on the mushroom chicken ravioli. Oh, I should probably go to the grocery store so I can do better with this.

You can also swap activity PointsPlus values you’ve earned for food. This will happen automatically after you use all of your weekly PointsPlus allowance.

So far, I'm loving the system.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I love weight watchers! it is a great program!