Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chicago: The middle.

Believe it or not, ALL these pictures are from day two.

Day two's goal was to do as much as possible ... without my legs falling off. I honestly think no matter how good of shape you're in--walking around a city ALL day is tough.

Tuesday's post left off at us arriving at the Field Museum. This was my fourth favorite site seeing item on the trip. Here is my "official" ranking of the site seeing things we did. We bought a museum pass that also let us choose between the Hancock Observatory and Willis (Sears) Tower. These were $69 each. The only thing we didn't do that was part of the pass was the aquarium. We ran out of time. And I'm scared of coral.

1. Museum of Science and Industry (museum pass)
2. Tour of Soldier Field (only $15 each)
3. John Hancock Observatory (museum pass)
4. Field Museum (museum pass)
5. Millennium Park (free)
6. Art Institute (we went on the free night, which is Thursdays from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
7. Navy Pier (free)
8. Adler Planetarium (museum pass)

I'm not counting things that we randomly saw while walking around. Just the "official" stuff, you know.
The Field Museum is a beautiful, old building. And it's HUGE!

This is actually when we were leaving, but who's counting?

Luckily, I was able to return to my original size. Darn.

Eww! Adam was not a fan of this area. He totally ran from the spiders.

My best lion impression, which is pretty terrible.



Sue just celebrated her 10 year anniversary at the museum!

This is terrifying to me.


Surprise!


I don't know why this is upside down, and I can't change it.
 
As you can tell, I was freezing!


Doesn't she know how cold it is? Maybe her socks have heaters.

I used Kant in my undergrad thesis a lot, so I of course had to take this photo.

It looks like we are in front of a fake background. Not true!

Stairs at the Art Institute. I'm honestly not sure what this was.

We really only saw the major paintings because it was so crowded, and we were tired.

Had to get a picture of the boy in front of the stock exchange room.
The Art Institute moved the original room, and it's gorgeous.

The lions outside the Art Institute. So glad they dressed up for the occasion.

This is one of the Macy's on State Street window displays.

Another Macy's window display. I loved the fireplace.




To be continued...

2 comments:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

BEST DAY EVER!! Loved all the pictures and you are absolutely GORGEOUS!! i am going to have to try this body attack class you told me about. Have an amazing day!

Unknown said...

I didn't know you were scared of coral. Is it all of the holes?