Friday, November 12, 2010

POM-tastic.

Wednesday, Adam received a special package in the mail: a pomegranate. A few weeks ago, I signed up to send him a POM-a-gram.
Isn't this a great campaign?
Did you know pomegranates can last two months in the refrigerator? Why do I feel like (unless I do something with it) this beautiful piece a fruit will still be there when this time comes?

You even got to pick the -gram message to send!
They personalized the message, so he would know it came from me.
I personally cannot wait to eat his POM-a-gram.
Wednesday, I made a no-bake pumpkin cheesecake. I definitely added too much Cool Whip, but I want to make it again, for sure.

Recipe from Kraftrecipes.com:

1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
1 HONEY MAID Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.)

Make It

BEAT cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar and pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in 2-1/2 cups of the whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate remaining whipped topping for later use.

SPOON cream cheese mixture into crust.

REFRIGERATE 3 hours or overnight. Serve topped with remaining whipped topping. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Too much WHIP, but still tasty.
I would recommend adding more cream cheese or using less Cool Whip.

Did you know Cool Whip is in the frozen section? I’m probably the only person in the whole world who didn’t know that. As I was wondering around the canned whipped cream, a lovely woman asked me if I was looking for Cool Whip, and she directed me to the right place. Thanks! I still don’t understand why it’s frozen…

The cheesecake was pretty tasty, as was everything at our November Kitchen Queens!

Katie made chocolate chip bread, which I had for breakfast today.

Liz made delicious holiday drinks.
Colleen made turkey cranbery pinwheels. Unique and very good!
I love this picture! Who knows what all the laughing is about.

Not the best picture of me, but I had to prove I was there!
Last night also involved our Junior League Fall Social at Blakeman’s Jewelry. Um…I want everything in the store. Especially the sparkly stuff. And the food at the event was amazing.
Action shot! Of me eating...
You can see why I couldn't pass up a small plate.
Thanks, Mr. Blakeman! I'll be back!
Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Tatum-LeTard said...

I love the Pom-A-Gram... adorable! And I am so copying that recipe... sounds fantastic to just have lying around the house for fall. Haha... gotta love the holidays and all that food you feel like it's ok to eat! :)

I would love to hear any advice you have on journalism school as a Grad student. I am looking so forward to it. I just wish I would have started a long time ago... so jealous that you already have your degree! Time will fly though! And I agree... Chicago is the BEST! I seriously cannot wait to go back! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Kelsey said...

The Pom-a-Gram is so cute! The packaging and everything were a good fit. I'm always up for cool promos, so keep posting them on your blog (you're my connection to cool, free stuff!).

Liz said...

Seriously I'm going to start wearing those censor glasses around you because I look awful in all of them!