Remember when I said I haven’t really shopped in months? I was even talking about makeup. But Friday I realized there were a few things I just couldn’t go without anymore. One of those things was powder and one of those things was moisturizer.
I also couldn’t go another day with my face being a different color than my neck because my makeup didn’t match my skin color. Bye bye summer tan, see you next year.
I headed over to Ulta, which is pretty new to Fayetteville. It’s similar to Sephora, but it also has drugstore brands (like Revlon, etc.).
I normally don’t love cosmetics. I’ve tried a million different items, and the only things I’ve ever really LOVED have been Chanel makeup. But at more than $50 for powder, I just can’t rationalize that anymore.
I decided to go to Ulta for two reasons:
- I had a coupon for $3.50 off a $10 purchase.
- It was buy one get one free on all Ulta products. Yes, please!
I tried a couple of things and settled on Pur 4-in-1 pressed mineral makeup.
|Sometimes trying something new pays off.|
The second thing I bought was moisturizer (Ulta brand so I could get something free). The moisturizer is fine. It’s the kind with self tanner in it. I don’t love it, but it works.
But what I do love is the Ulta lip gloss that I got for free. Lip gloss is difficult. It can be sticky, and I don’t like it so sparkly that I look like a three year old.
I also hate that with most lip gloss, I still have to carry around chap stick because it does nothing for my winter lips.
I introduce you to Ulta Minerals Nourishing Lip Color.
|Just enough nourishment to leave the Carmex at home.|
- Smashbox photo finish bronzing primer
- Eyelash curler (For nights out, I use my blow dryer to heat it up. This works WAY better than those stupid heated lash curlers. Random fact: I had the same eyelash curler for over 10 years! Don't get me wrong...I tried others in between, but nothing ever compared. It finally broke this year. How I never lost it...who knows?)
|My favorite. Ever.|
|Just try heating it up with your blow dryer once. |
Test with your hand to make sure it's cool
enough so you don't burn your face off.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
- Lancome Hypnose Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara