Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Makeup love.

Warning: girly post ahead
Remember when I said I haven’t really shopped in months? I was even talking about makeup. But Friday I realized there were a few things I just couldn’t go without anymore. One of those things was powder and one of those things was moisturizer.

I also couldn’t go another day with my face being a different color than my neck because my makeup didn’t match my skin color. Bye bye summer tan, see you next year.

I headed over to Ulta, which is pretty new to Fayetteville. It’s similar to Sephora, but it also has drugstore brands (like Revlon, etc.).

I normally don’t love cosmetics. I’ve tried a million different items, and the only things I’ve ever really LOVED have been Chanel makeup. But at more than $50 for powder, I just can’t rationalize that anymore.

 I decided to go to Ulta for two reasons:

  1.  I had a coupon for $3.50 off a $10 purchase.
  2. It was buy one get one free on all Ulta products. Yes, please!
I was in a hurry, so I immediately headed to the powder section. Powder and foundation are two items I think you have to spend money on. The cheap stuff just isn’t the same, and believe me, I’ve tried it all. I wish it worked for me, but it doesn’t.

I tried a couple of things and settled on Pur 4-in-1 pressed mineral makeup.

It’s amazing.
Sometimes trying something new pays off.
I’ve never even heard of the brand, but I love it. A big reason for this is the sponge/brush thing that comes with it. I think that makes a huge difference in how makeup looks on your face.

The second thing I bought was moisturizer (Ulta brand so I could get something free). The moisturizer is fine. It’s the kind with self tanner in it. I don’t love it, but it works.

But what I do love is the Ulta lip gloss that I got for free. Lip gloss is difficult. It can be sticky, and I don’t like it so sparkly that I look like a three year old.

I also hate that with most lip gloss, I still have to carry around chap stick because it does nothing for my winter lips.

I introduce you to Ulta Minerals Nourishing Lip Color.
Just enough nourishment to leave the Carmex at home.
I chose blush crystal, and it’s the perfect color for me. In winter, I wear a lot of red, but I don’t really like red lips. But obviously hot pink lips would look ridiculous with a bright red jacket, so this is a great compromise. And I’ve tried the red. No matter what, I think it makes me look like a hooker.

And in case you’re wondering, Because I want to tell you, here a few makeup items I can’t live without:

    My favorite. Ever.
  • Smashbox photo finish bronzing primer
  • Eyelash curler (For nights out, I use my blow dryer to heat it up. This works WAY better than those stupid heated lash curlers. Random fact: I had the same eyelash curler for over 10 years! Don't get me wrong...I tried others in between, but nothing ever compared. It finally broke this year. How I never lost it...who knows?)

Just try heating it up with your blow dryer once.
Test with your hand to make sure it's cool
enough so you don't burn your face off.
  • Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
  • Lancome Hypnose Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara
It's magical.
 

No comments: