Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cutting back to a 10k

When I first decided to run the 10k, I felt guilty that I decided not to do the half marathon in December. But now, I’m over that feeling. It’s awesome that I’m running a 10(k). I mean 6.2 miles isn’t a walk in the park. Or even a run in the park.

But the truth is, I have no clue what to expect when running in an actual race, there weren’t any 5k’s I could do before December, and I will feel much more confident about running a half marathon in March after I run the 10k in December.

Is this a good plan? I sure hope so because it’s what I’m doing.

Plus, I’ve heard it’s better to make your first half marathon more of an exciting thing…so doing one where I live doesn’t really fit into that mold. I’m thinking the Rock-N-Roll half marathon in Dallas in March 2011.

Happy training!

And if you're familiar with NWA, here's the course map for the 10k. It finishes in the football stadium. Smiley

No comments: