Friday, September 17, 2010

Half marathon training.

I've started and stopped training more than once. But it's official (well, it's not really because I haven't paid, but I've officially made up my mind). I'm doing the Fayetteville Half Marathon on Sunday, Dec. 12.

I'm writing this today because next week is 12 weeks before the half, and that's the minimum amount of time I hear you need to get ready for one of these things.

I've filled out my planner (again) with my training schedule. The first "official" run on the list is a three mile run Tuesday.

One hard part about running so far (for me) is that I love all the classes I do, and I know I might have to cut back a little while I'm running. But I don't plan to cut them out completely because they make me HAPPY.

I'm terrified of running 13.1 miles. And honestly, I'm not sure I can. And that's EXACTLY why I'm doing it. It's SO easy to stay inside a comfort zone. Any type of comfort zone: exercise, social, career, relationships...Sometimes comfort zones can be good. But it's time for me to get out of this one.

Happy Friday!

No comments: