Monday, August 9, 2010

Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can change the world.

I spent more time at the lake this weekend than anywhere else.
Gracie is the chair of my committee.
We're going to have so much
fun this year!

Friday night: The evening started off with the Junior League new member retreat. It was good to see everyone together again. I took lots of photos of the lovely ladies and then headed to dinner with the boy. His sister was in town, so we joined them on Dickson for a few drinks. It was a pretty late night.
This quote is always on the new member shirt.
So true.

Lovely new member ladies
And I love, love, love this Lily dress.
Saturday morning: I woke up bright and early to head to Children’s House to document the JL new members’ service project. This year, they split it up and half went to Children’s House to work and the other half to our storage unit to put together some of the backpacks we hand out to children.

I’m so excited about the new JL year. Seriously. I love my committee, and I love that some of my friends decided to join this year.

Ragan is a new member this year.
I've known her for more than 10 years
Woah!
Sarah is one of my BFFs.
So glad she joined.
And I'm glad she's finally decided
to do the "Paris Hilton" pose with me.
Saturday night: We stayed at the lake until it started to get dark Saturday. After some good ole Pizza Hut pizza, Adam decided to go to the Grape Festival. I was too tired, so I stayed in and watched some television and picked him up later.

Sunday: We went back to the lake. We drove all the way to the dam. We jumped off a cliff. We tubed. We swam.

Did you do anything fun this weekend?


No comments: