Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lemonade.

You know the phrase. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

It’s hard when something unexpected happens to someone you love.

You try to tell this person everything will work out. It always does. That’s because it has to.

You’re amazed by how strong this person is. Especially when you know you might not be.

Support is necessary. And so are those corny phrases that you will hear a million times in your life, and each time you know despite how ridiculous they sound, they’re totally true.

Here are my favorites:

If life deals you lemons, make lemonade. If it deals you tomatoes, make a bloody mary.


In three words, I can summarize everything I have learned about life: It goes on.
-Robert Frost


Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.
-Henry Ford


I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
-Michael Jordan


You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along. . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
-Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: