Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Oatmeal and Zappos.

Oatmeal
If you like instant oatmeal, then I have a tip for you. I eat it for breakfast a lot, so I started buying the Quaker Weight Control version a couple years ago. Well, I discovered about a year ago that the Low Sugar version is better all around (in my opinion). I would say the only thing better about the weight control is that it has more fiber. And this isn’t a problem for me because I get plenty of fiber. And more calories and fat aren’t worth the fiber to me. P.S. According to the nutrition facts on the box, the lower sugar version doesn’t have any saturated fat, so that’s the only mistake on the nutrition facts I’ve included. Interestingly, the lower sugar version has more sugar than the weight control version, but I still think it comes out on top.

Zappos
If you’ve ever ordered something from Zappos, have you paid attention to the e-mail the company sends you when your item ships? It’s interesting…and there are too many exclamation points, but it did make me smile. It’s a fun way to communicate with its customers. What’s not to love about a company that uses the word “Yay!” However, I would recommend a lower number of exclamation points in the future. I mean every sentence? Really?

“Your order with Zappos.com has shipped! YAY! We've enclosed some tracking information, so you can follow your order from Zappos Fulfillment Centers to its final destination! It's almost like being a superspy! Mission Control advises that you take a look at the top-secret information below!”

No comments: