Thursday, November 12, 2009

Paying it forward.

The whole way to work this morning I debated whether or not I should stop and get coffee. I feel exhausted this morning, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to shell out four plus dollars on delicious coffee. With delicious being the key word, I decided to stop by Baba Boudan's Espresso, which is very close to work. It's a wonderful local coffee place where the guy comes out to your car to take your order and when you pull up to the window, it's ready.

So, I ordered my nonfat pumpkin latte and waited for the woman in front of me to get her coffee. Coffee girl hands the coffee out the window. Lady in car takes it (she's already paid) and hands her an envelope while she's telling her something. I pull up to the window, and coffee girl tells me the nice lady is paying it forward today. Paying it forward is written on the sealed envelope, which contains a $5 bill. Just enough to pay for my coffee.


It was a great start to my day!