Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Workout Wagon

I totally fell off it, and I don't have an excuse. I'm not injured. I have a place to work out. I like working out. I need to work out.

I can tell you the last day I worked out (not counting the occasional sporting activity): Aug. 12. I know this because it was the day before we left for Mexico. I can't believe I just admitted that. The first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one, right?

I haven't worked out in 64 days.

Working out is supposed to be a stress reliever. Not working out is stressing me out.

The thing is, I really want to. I think about it every day. No lie.

What's my problem, then? I don't know. The past two months have flown by in the blink of an eye. I haven't gained any weight, but I can tell even if no one else can. I have the time, so I guess motivation is my problem. Group fitness is my favorite. I need to figure out if I want to join a gym. Maybe if I paid for something I would be more motivated...I know I was with boot camp. Oh, I like working out in the morning. Maybe that's the problem.

OK...I've admitted I have a problem. Next step...do something about it. I hope I get a good progress report next week. Routine is key.

"Our growing softness, our increasing lack of physical fitness, is a menace to our security." -John F. Kennedy

No comments: