Wednesday, October 21, 2009

March 20, 2010

"And we were dressed head to toe in love...the only label that never goes out of style."


Sure...it's the first day of spring. It's the day before my parents' wedding anniversary. It's World Storytelling Day. On March 20, 1969, John Lennon married Yoko Ono in Gibraltar. And March 20, 2010, one of my very best friends in the whole world is going to get married. I'm a little excited. OK...I'm a lot excited. They set the date last weekend.

Ragan won't be a traditional bride, and I wouldn't expect anything different from her. Ragan is smart, beautiful and she's a great friend. She's one of those people who I know I could call if something was wrong, and she would be there in a second...because she has. There aren't a whole lot of people like that. She's the friend I can not talk to for a while, but when we do talk, it's like we never stopped. Ragan and I have been friends for more than 12 years...so roughly half my life. I'm lucky to have her live in the same town I do now, which is not where we grew up.


I could tell when Ragan and Steven started dating that it was different. He's a wonderful guy, and I'm so glad they found each other.

We've been through so much together, so many phases in our lives, and I can't wait to celebrate this special day with her. The planning will continue over lunch today!

Ragan, I'm so happy you found someone to love the "you, you love." And maybe we can show some home videos from junior high or high school at the wedding? Just an idea. P.S. I had blonde hair in high school.

“Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you, you love, well, that's just fabulous.” - Carrie Bradshaw


2 comments:

kynsey said...

Aww, yay. This makes me happy.
I read this blog, by the way. :)

kristen said...

This makes me happy too :)

Who would have thought it...Ragan, the first one of our crew from high school to get married!