Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bring on the bagels.

Breakfast this morning was delicious. After yesterday’s bad experience of trying overnight oats (uncooked oats with Greek yogurt and fruit left in the fridge overnight—mine were gross), I wanted something simple for breakfast this morning.

110 calories of yumminess.

Cue a Thomas everything bagel thin with Laughing Cow creamy garlic herb cheese (yep, I'm totally unkissable right now). This is a first for me. I usually put peanut butter on these bagels. But this morning, I just wasn’t feeling the nut butter. And the cheese has fewer calories. Double score.
I promise the garlic doesn't hang around all day.
And even if it did, this is totally worth it.

Now, I know many people say carbs are BAD. I think those people are crazy. All of them.

Here is one reason why reason (besides the deliciousness) that carbs (no, not crabs Mr. Spell-check) are good:

Carbohydrates are the body's ideal fuel for most functions. They supply the body with the energy needed for the muscles, brain and central nervous system. In fact, the human brain depends exclusively on carbohydrates for its energy.

Do you like carbs for breakfast?


No comments: