Thursday, August 12, 2010

The friends we choose.

I got to see one of my long-lost friends last night. He's been in Korea for a year. And he's going back in a month. We've been friends for a decade. What? How am I that old?

My old friend Tennessee Williams said, "Time is the longest distance between two places." I don't really get that. I tried to understand when I read The Glass Menagerie in college. Something about traveling a further distance through space-time. Whatever.

But he also said, “Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.” I do understand this, and I'm so lucky to have the friends who I chose, and who chose me.

I forgot my camera last night, so you are fortunate enough to have my fantabulous phone photos. This is becoming something of a trend with me.

Could not stop laughing about who knows what?

 
Still laughing. This went on for several minutes.
17 pictures later, we have a "decent" one.

Ragan came along, too! It was much easier
to get a good one of them.
And because you're dying to know what the yogurt mixed with instant pudding looks like--here you go!

The berries are in. Now it's time to stir.
Don't judge a book by it's cover.
This stuff is to die for.

3 comments:

Ragan said...

you were laughing because david was laughing at you because of your "decent" picture obsession. you're so weird. and it's been more than a decade - it's been like 14 years, oldie.

Tatum-LeTard said...

I love your "About Me"... sounds a lot like me! It's always fun to run into fellow Southern Ladies on here!

Allison said...

Thank you! I can't wait to read your blog!