Monday, May 24, 2010

My weekend...

Was so busy. And that’s the way I like it.

Friday night, I met up with Liz and Colleen at U.S. Pizza for dinner on a fantastic patio. The boys met up with us after they finished playing bocce ball. They will seriously play any game where they can compete with each other while drinking beer.

Saturday morning, the boy and I headed to Little Rock for Katie and Kent’s fiesta. First, we stopped by my parents’ house to say hello and pick up a serape for the party. We even got to play with my mom’s new iPad. I need one. Now. After helping set up at the party location, we went to Katie and Kent’s to quickly get ready. The fiesta was a success. Katie looked beautiful, and I can’t wait for her June 26 wedding. We rented a margarita machine, and completely finished it…75 9 ounce margaritas. Yum.

The party was at Emily and Raydodd’s home, and it was my first time to see it since they moved in after their July ’09 wedding. It was gorgeous. Adam said it looked like something out of a magazine. And it did. I would say a cross between Southern Living and Real Simple. They’ve done a great job in the decorating department.

The highlight of the party was the piñata. Katie and Kent took turns swinging, and Kent finally managed to bring it down. It was full of ring pops, air heads, lottery tickets and other fun stuff. I think Adam and I were the only lottery winners out of the numerous tickets. We won $2 off a $1 ticket. We doubled the investment, right? The food was catered by Moe’s Southwest Grill, and it was perfect. When we were setting up, we were slightly worried there wouldn’t be enough, but it was just right.

And I have to brag on Katie (and Kent) for a second…she graduated from Hendrix with me and then went on to nursing school. She graduated May 15 and already has a nursing job, which she starts in July. Kent is in his last year of med school. I’m so proud of them both!

Unfortunately, we didn’t get to spend any time with our Little Rock friends Sunday because we had to head back and get the boat. We are bringing it to Hot Springs this weekend, so we need to clean it up since it has been on a lift at the marina since last year.

We went for a boat ride, and the lake was so crowded. This was the first weekend it actually felt like summer, so everyone was out. But let me tell you, that water was FREEZING. Seriously. I don’t know how people were swimming in it, but they were.

After a pasta-filled dinner followed up by ice cream, we decided to take a long walk around Adam’s neighborhood. It helped, but I still woke up full…I have a lot of working out to do this week to make up for everything I ate this weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! You always have the best pictures!