Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Back where I come from...

  • We flash our lights when there is a police officer ahead so others won’t get tickets. (Someone did this for me this morning. Thanks Mr. Truck).
  • We make popsicles out of Kool-Aid.
  • We eat honeysuckles.
  • We pull over for funeral precessions.
  • We have four real seasons.
  • College football is serious business. That’s what happens when your state has zero professional sporting teams.
  • If you go out to lunch on Sundays, you're always “trying to beat the church crowd” even if you’re part of the church crowd.
  • Everyone knows someone who works for Walmart.
  • Some people still don’t lock their doors.
  • There are more country stations than anything else on the radio.
  • Fashion is more about being who you are.
I could go on and on, but I won’t. I was inspired to write this on my way to work after the lights were flashed at me. I got to thinking about how I really do live in a great place.

1 comment:

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

Aw I love playing this game...maybe some day I will do a post like this about my hometown...