Monday, September 14, 2009

Going to the chapel (no, not me)


Katie's Getting Married
I can reveal the suspense from Friday's blog. One of my dear friends from Hendrix, Katie, got a surprise engagement this weekend. She knew it would eventually happen, but I don't think she had a clue it was going to happen now. Unfortunately, due to a prior commitment (I will post about that later today), I was not able to be there. Her friends were all there to surprise her after it happened. I can't wait to see photos!

Katie and Kent
Katie, who is now engaged to Kent, was a Veasey girl with me at Hendrix. If you didn't go to school there, that doesn't mean anything, but it does to us! Katie and Kent have been dating FOREVER (they both went to Hendrix), and I am so happy for them. I saw on Kent's Facebook page today that he just realized the two of them started dating before Facebook existed. Sometimes I forget there was life before Facebook.

Katie is very good at planning, so I know planning the wedding is going to be easy for her. And I know she is going to have so much fun doing it because she has been thinking about it for a while now!

After Hendrix, Katie decided to go to nursing school, and Kent is in his third year of medical school. They are successful, smart, fun and such a wonderful couple, and I know their wedding is going to be a blast. So, congratulations to my fabulous friend Katie and her wonderful fiancé, Kent!
"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." -When Harry Met Sally

No comments: